Cognos 10 Online Training
Course Duration - 30hrs
Introduction to Data warehousing
- Introduction to Data warehousing?
- Introduction to Business Intelligence?
- Who needs Data warehousing?
- Why Data warehousing is required?
- Data warehousing Architecture
- Differ OLTP & OLAP?
- Data Mart –Need ,Advantages
- ETL - Process
- What is a Dimension?
- What are Facts?
- Star Schema?
- Snowflake Schema?
- Dimension Modeling?
- Slowly changing Dimensions?
- Conformed Dimension?
Cognos 8 BI
The entire Training will be on COGNOS 10 comparing with older version (Cognos 8.4)
About Cognos 10 BI
- Cognos Suit walk through
- Cognos Features, Need & Importance.
Frame Work Manager
- Walk through elements on the screen
- Manage Folders(Public & My folders)
- How to Connect to different Data Source
- Import and Export of Package(Deployment)
- Set up Scheduling of Reports
- Introduction about Frame work Manager
- Workflow of Frame work Manager
- Designing a Project
- Working with Data Sources
- Designing and preparing Metadata Model
- Working With Packages
New Features in Cognos 10
- About Ad-hoc Reports
- Reporting using Query Studio (List, Crosstab, Chart Reports & others)
- Working with Data ( Applying Filters, Prompts & Calculations, Sorting, Grouping &Sections ……)
- Business Insight
- Business Insight Advanced
- Active Reports
Overview of Cognos 8 Components & comparison with cognos10
Introduction to Report Studio
Cognos 10 Advanced Reporting Topics
- Type of Report Templates
- Creating List, Crosstab, Chart & Others Reports
- Introduction to Filters(creating, editing &removing filters)
- Parameters & Prompts (Definition, Creating prompt Page& Usage of Multiple prompts in Reports)
- Formatting Reports(Fonts, styles, Header &Footers …)
- Types of Prompts (Select& search ,Tree, generated prompt, Date, Time……)
- Conditional Blocks – Need ,usage
- Conditional Formatting
- Complex Reports (Master Detailed, Drill Through reports)
- Introduction to Query Explorer (Building reports using queries, joins…)
- How to use HTML & JAVA scripts in Reports-Need ,Importance
- Many more Advanced Reports
- Import & Export XML Reports
- Open Reports from XML
- Creating , Editing Queries
- Workflow of how report runs in backend.
- How to create portal Pages
- About Analysis Studio
- Insert Data
- Explore Data
- Types of Reports
- Drill up & Drill down for Detail
Real Time Scenarios & Many More……
- Introduction to Event Studio
- Discuss Event Studio window
- Events, Agents, Tasks..